Please join the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Rock Island District, in cooperation with the City of Cedar Rapids and the Cedar Rapids Economic Alliance, for an in-depth discussion on the initial construction contracts being managed by the Corps and in support of the Cedar Rapids Flood Risk Management program and projects.
When: Friday June 14; 10-11:30 a.m.
Where: City Services Center, Time Check Hall, 500 15th Ave. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA
Who should attend?
• Specialty fabricators (ex: hydraulically loaded gates)
• General contractors
• Earthwork contractors
• Concrete contractors
These contracts have a NAICS of 237990 and are the first two to be solicited out of eight that the Corps is doing.
• Hear from the project manager on the upcoming project details for the 16th Avenue Closure Structure and Reach 3 Levee solicitations
• Learn about the project schedule for these and upcoming projects managed by USACE
• Understand USACE specific construction and technical requirements
• Discuss solicitation and other eligibility requirements for bidding from the contracting and small business offices
• Have conversations with key individuals with USACE and learn how to better position your company for future contract opportunities
• Network with other contractors and build potential partnerships for these or future USACE contracts
There is no cost to attend this event, but seating is limited. Please RSVP to Beth White at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org to register.