We know small conversations can spark connections and creative ideas, which is why Quad Citizens are invited to participate once again in the Quad Cities Big Table on April-26-27, 2019.
The community engagement initiative of the Q2030 Regional Action Plan provides a forum to identify community issues and create solutions. Last year, over a 48-hour period, more than 5,000 Quad Citizens of all ages gathered around 508 tables to meet new people, share ideas and explore ways to improve lives and our region.
One of the keys to making the Big Table a tradition in the Quad Cities is community leadership. For two days, on April-26-27, we are encouraging Quad Citizens to organize and host a Big Table to discuss ideas for making our communities stronger and more connected.
We are simplifying the registration process this year and asking hosts to personally invite Quad Citizens to their tables. Please follow these steps to organize and promote your public Big Table forum(s):
- Identify an issue(s) or topic(s) that matters to you
- Find a public location to host your Big Table (coffee shop, library, park, etc.)
- Create an event for your Big Table on Facebook
- Add Q2030 as a co-host so we can promote it on our page
- Recruit Quad Citizens to join you at your Big Table event
- Download the host guide, table tent and Big Table logo
- Focus on action to improve your workplace, neighborhood or the greater Quad Cities area
- After the Big Table:
- Share photos and brief recaps on social media (tag @IntheQ2030 and #QCBigTable)
- Send Q2030 a copy of your sign in sheet and keep us informed of action being taken to advance the Quad Cities by email
This is a new format, and we believe it will help Quad Citizens embrace their individual and collective power to take action and transform the Quad Cities region. We appreciate your time and continued support of regional action through Q2030.
The Q2030 Regional Action Plan is a community development initiative designed to make a collective impact on the Quad Cities area. It supports transformational ideas that promote a cool, creative, prosperous and connected region. The Quad Cities Chamber serves as the primary backbone organization for Q2030.