Recently, Illinois passed a bill to increase minimum wage, despite opposition from the Quad Cities Chamber and many other chambers across the state. In order to keep you informed, here are the facts of the law to help you prepare in the coming years.
- In Illinois, the minimum wage will raise to $9.25/hour on January 1, 2020.
- On July 1, 2020, it will raise to $10/hour.
- On January 1, 2021, and every subsequent year, it will increase by $1/hour until it reaches $15/hour in 2025.
The Quad Cities Chamber is tracking a variety of different issues in both Des Moines and Springfield this session.
- In Iowa, we expect to see movement with sports betting, public utility legislation and sales tax, amongst others.
- In Illinois, we are tracking recreational marijuana, graduated income tax, sports betting, capital funding legislation and a host of other issues.
Please contact Tyler Power on any legislation you feel the Chamber should be following.