Get new customers and increase sales by attending the Strategic Marketing Boot Camp sponsored by the Quad Cities Chamber Manufacturing Innovation Hub and presented in partnership with CIRAS later this spring. The Hub is currently seeking interested participants from Dept. of Defense prime or sub-tier suppliers who would be eligible to attend the specialized training at minimal cost as part of the Illinois Defense Industry Adjustment (DIA) Program.
This three-day workshop is an introduction to the fundamentals of marketing and marketing plan development that will allow manufacturers to diversify their customer base and increase sales. Attendees will learn the basics of marketing and apply them immediately to develop a strategic marketing plan. The program is a combination of instruction and training along with built-in time for in-depth analysis and practical application of each company’s potential for developing a marketing strategy.
Topics include and participants will:
- Learn the value and function of marketing inside any business
- Discover the true components of an effective marketing strategy
- Define your unique business model
- Discern the differences between sales and marketing and how they relate to one another
- Consider a unique working definition for marketing
- Learn how strategic marketing and tactical marketing work together
- Distinguish between inbound marketing and outbound marketing and which is right for them
- Answer the question, “What is branding?”
- Gain insight from customers and distribution channels
- Get comfortable with digital marketing and how you might use it to your advantage
- Learn a three-phase system that will walk you through the process and help you develop the right framework
- Discover ten marketing insights that will change the way they implement their marketing forever
- Individual coaching for each participating company to assist in their specific needs
April 2 - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
April 3 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
May 15 - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Cost: $90 per person to cover meals/snacks during three-day workshop
Instructors: Paul Gormley and CJ Osborn of Iowa State University CIRAS and Vince Kostelnik, Lead Generation Specialist, Ad Ej Solutions
Companies wishing to be considered for the training must:
- Be a Department of Defense supplier (either direct or as a supplier of a supplier).
- Not currently be receiving other government grant funds.
- Have management support/involvement.
- Provide one or more qualified personnel to attend the workshops and receive individual coaching.
- Complete an impact survey at the end of the project.
- Have a business located in either Scott, Clinton, Muscatine, Jackson, or Cedar Counties in Iowa, or in Rock Island, Whiteside, Henry, Mercer, or Knox Counties in Illinois.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Hub project manager Gary Grebner at firstname.lastname@example.org.