(Quad Cities) – The Quad Cities Chamber’s Iowa Growth Political Action Committee (PAC) has endorsed eight candidates running in the upcoming Iowa elections. PAC committee members solicited written surveys, followed by in-person interviews, to understand candidate priorities.
The Iowa Growth PAC has endorsed the following candidates:
- Roby Smith, Senate District 47
- Chris Cournoyer, Senate District 49
- Ross Paustian, House District 92
- Gary Mohr, House District 94
- Norlin Mommsen, House District 97
- Ken Croken, Board of Supervisors
- John Maxwell, Board of Supervisors
- Scott Webster, Board of Supervisors
PAC Committee members base endorsements on past voting records, survey responses, interview responses, and their views on issues important to the Quad Cities Chamber and its members.
“Elected officials have a tremendous impact on our ability to grow as a region,” says Tom Schuetz, chair of the Iowa Growth PAC. “These candidates in particular stood out as being the most supportive of business, displaying a commitment to maintaining taxes and fees, showing support of public-private partnerships for economic development, and demonstrating a regional perspective.”
Early voting has begun for the Iowa races. Election day will be Tuesday, November 6.
About: The Quad Cities Chamber is a champion for business and community growth in the region.