Are you looking to make an impact on our region? Sign up to be a Public Policy Advocate and work closely with our government affairs team in advocating for legislation and policy that will enhance our economic competitiveness, increase investment, and benefit members.
As a Public Policy Advocate, you'll receive additional updates from our government affairs team informing you of timely opportunities to communicate with policy decision-makers. You can choose which and how many things you want to engage in, making this a great way to get involved whether you are completely new to politics or a seasoned pro! If you're interested in becoming a Public Policy Advocate, contact Henry Marquard, Director of Government Affairs.
Opportunities might include:
• Information about opportunities to meet with elected officials events such as coffees, forums, etc.
• Contacting elected officials to urge specific action and votes
• Writing letters-to-the-editor
• Social media posts and promotion
• Attend/speak at local government meetings
• Meet with your state/federal legislator or their staff
• Lobby in Des Moines, Springfield, and Washington, D.C.
Interested in getting involved in advocacy, but not sure where to start? Attend the next AMp Up on January 17 for a program on Advocacy 101: What is it, where to start, and why it matters to your business. Learn more>
On Friday, January 19, the Chamber will host the first of its Iowa Legislative Luncheons. These are tremendous opportunities to interact directly with your state representatives and senators to discuss and share your thoughts and concerns. We'll also share our priorities as a region, and keep you updated on happenings in our capitols. Register>