In today’s world, the competition for top talent is fierce. It’s never been more important for businesses to create a solid internship program to attract and cultivate future employees.
The Quad Cities Chamber is partnering with Augustana College, Black Hawk College, Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, St. Ambrose University, and Western Illinois University to share internship best practices with Quad Cities businesses on August 1. Learn from a panel of experienced experts, build your network and discuss recruiting, hosting and developing interns. Registration will be limited to 100 employers (2 employees per company max).
- 8:00 – 8:15 am – Check-In
- 8:15 – 9:00 am – Light Breakfast/Internship Info Fair (make sure you stop by all of the booths to talk to the local colleges about the internship programs at their college or university)
- 9:05 – 10:00 am – Welcome and Panel of Local Interns
- 10:05 - 11:00 am – Breakout Session: Legal Issues, presented by Karla Steele, Atttorney at Califf & Harper P.C.
- 10:05 – 11:00 am – Breakout Session: Starting an Internship Program Panel.