Are you an Iowa manufacturer looking for additional ways to engage your employees in efforts to promote manufacturing and solve the workforce shortage? Then have them join the Elevate Iowa Ambassador Program, which helps advanced manufacturing companies connect with schools, teachers, parents and students to help them learn about advanced manufacturing.
Elevate Iowa will host an upcoming ambassador training on Nov. 14 at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids.
“Ideal” qualifications for an Elevate Ambassador:
- Should be employed in, or familiar with, a key manufacturing trade (welding, tool and die, CNC, industrial maintenance)
- Should have attended or be familiar with the community college in his/her region
- Should be comfortable speaking in public – or interested in developing this skill
- Attend a half-day training session
- Make a minimum of five presentations to groups and/or represent Elevate at major community events in his/her region each year. Presentations may be to K-12 classrooms, teacher in-service days, parent nights, economic development groups, etc. Events might include county fairs and other places K-12 students and parents are likely to be. In some cases Elevate will reach out to Ambassadors with opportunities, but Ambassadors are also expected to find opportunities of their own (particularly to present in front of high school student or parent audiences).
For more information about the program and the upcoming training, click here.