Start Your Business with Ignite Quad Cities
Some of the world’s best brands started in the founder’s garage. Through perseverance and vision, in spite of all obstacles, those entrepreneurs turned their ideas into a thriving business. Ignite Quad Cities, a program of the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, is here to connect you to resources, a network, and a community of like-minded individuals as you work to launch your startup.
Ignite Quad Cities is for micro-enterprises, small businesses, innovators, and venture companies. Resources include technical assistance, access to capital, networks of like-minded individuals, and community partners. Working in coordination with our partners – the Quad Cities SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives) Chapter and the Illinois Small Business Development Center and Iowa Small Business Development Center – we help entrepreneurs in all stages and sizes.
Top Ten Things You Can Do Right Now to Get Started on Your Journey as an Entrepreneur:
1. Set up a FREE consultation and develop a relationship with your Small Business Development Center (SBDC) representative, whether you are just starting, or have already started the process of forming your business. They will provide insights, advice, practical tools and connect you to important resources - and will be especially helpful as you prepare to get funding.
2. Develop a relationship with a SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives) mentor who can help provide FREE advisement along your startup journey. Go to the link for an appointment, and the multiple counseling locations: https://quadcities.score.org/content/find-mentor-128 And, check out Quad Cities SCORE’s FREE online webinars and workshops to help you with the organization and planning of your business: https://quadcities.score.org/content/take-workshop-95
3. Do you know what is going on in our region for entrepreneurs and startups? “Like” Ignite Quad Cities on Facebook for all entrepreneurial news, events and happenings in the Quad Cities region: https://www.facebook.com/IgniteQuadCities/
4. Collaborate and leverage other networks. Join an Ignite Quad Cities Meetup group to meet other entrepreneurs, small business owners, mentors, innovators - all fueling, supporting and guiding our entrepreneurial culture, and all FREE to attend:
5. Every business needs an accountant, attorney, banker and financial/wealth advisor. Contact our Ignite Quad Cities sponsor team of trusted advisors to get your questions answered, and know what you need to be prepared for and have in order at any stage of your business:
- Bill Karben, CPA at Carpentier, Mitchell, Goddard & Co., LLC - email@example.com • 309/762-3626
- Cole M. DeBlaey at Bozeman, Neighbour, Patton & Noe, LLP - firstname.lastname@example.org • 309/797-0850
- Evan Muench at IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union – email@example.com • 309/797-5946
- Kevin M. Linn, FICF at Modern Woodman of America - reps.modernwoodmen.org/klinn • 563/349-3747
6. If you think you have a product or process you need to protect, utilize the Patent & Trademark Resource Center at the Davenport Public Library for FREE to do an initial search to see if there are any patents/trademarks that already exist for your idea. Bill Fuhr can help get you started - firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Become very well informed - subscribe to Entrepreneur Daily, Innovation Daily and Quad Cities Chamber eNews – absolutely invaluable information:
8. Use and keep this Ignite Quad Cities Entrepreneurial Resource Guide on hand to understand our region’s entrepreneurial support organizations for any stage of your business. Click here to access the electronic version.
9. Start identifying potential or additional suppliers for your business. Use the online Chamber member business directory to connect with expert businesses: http://member.quadcitieschamber.com/list/ And use the online Regional Capabilities Catalog to identify manufacturers and their supply chain product and service providers in our region that you can access for your business needs: http://catalog.quadcitieschamber.com/
10. Have a question or need a business introduction? Just ask: email@example.com
The Quad Cities Chamber is here to help you through your startup journey. Contact us and we'll help you navigate the resource options and connect you to the people who can ignite and fuel your business success.
Ignite Quad Cities Annual Sponsors
Cole M. DeBlaey,
Attorney Law Bozeman, Neighbour, Patton & Noe, LLP
309/797-0850 • firstname.lastname@example.org
William Karben, CPA
Carpentier, Mitchell, Goddard & Co., LLC
309/762-3626 • email@example.com
Evan Muench, Business Services
IH Mississippi Valley Credit Union
309/797-5946 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Kevin M. Linn, FICF
Modern Woodmen of America
563/349-3747 • email@example.com