Quad Cities Manufacturing Innovation Hub Strategy
Create local, national, and international awareness of regional manufacturing capabilities
- Maintain an online catalog to connect suppliers with prospective customers
- Sponsor B2B events to connect local manufacturers
Make it easy for local manufacturers to identify and engage resources
- Facilitate a low-cost and simple operational assessment
- Create easy access to a network of mentors, partners, and innovation assets
- Provide a cost-effective source of subject matter experts and consultants
- Sponsor education and training targeted at regional needs
Help our region build on manufacturing strengths and leverage new technologies
- Maintain a regional supply chain map and identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Provide a regional technology roadmap that describes the key technologies that will impact our manufacturing during the next 3 years
- Create a manufacturing vision that leverages technologies to mitigate threats and take advantage of opportunities
- Use the vision to guide our training, education, and investment
- Provide online “how-to” guides that help make the business case for and outline steps toward implementing emerging technologies crucial for continued success
State of Illinois Defense Industry Adjustment (DIA) Program
The University of Illinois was awarded a $5.5 million grant from the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Office of Economic Adjustment, through the Illinois Defense Industry Adjustment (DIA) Program. The Illinois DIA Program supports the state’s defense and manufacturing industries by delivering resources and providing new insights that help companies and communities grow, diversify, and become more resilient. The Illinois DIA Program works with communities across Illinois that are who have clear links to the defense industry based on the presence of key military assets, a high concentration of manufacturers, or both. These communities include the Quad Cities, Rockford, northeastern Illinois, Peoria and southwestern Illinois.
With funding from the U.S. Department of Defense, Office of Economic Adjustment (OEA), the program is executed through a partnership between the University of Illinois System, the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, and the Voorhees Center at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
More information about the Illinois DIA Program can be found here.