This Thursday, over 1000 Quad Citizens will gather to hear from futurist, Rebecca Ryan on trends we can anticipate and how we can think like a futurist so that we can help our region leapfrog the competition and become next-gen ready! PLUS NEW THIS YEAR - immediately following the luncheon is a ½ day conference featuring speakers covering workplace culture, entrepreneurism, community leadership and disruptive technology?
You won't want to miss this local professional development opportunity and ability to connect with business and community leaders.
Still on the fence on the greatness that is sure to be at this event? Let us break it down for you:
• Kimberly Bryant, Founder of Black Girls Code has been featured on OPRAH – she’s going to talk about her journey to becoming an “accidental social entrepreneur.” She will explore how to recognize our innate power to become change agents in our own lives and the lives of others by pushing through traditional boundaries and perceived limitations can help us drive change in our world.
• Learn how to “Hack Your Culture” with the Co-Creator of Zappos Insights (Robert Richman). He’s worked with hundreds of companies on their culture, he’s going to share tools on how you can build a high-performance workplace.
• It’s time for leaders to think beyond diversity for the sake of diversity. Claudia Schabel will share the business case for developing a diverse and inclusive organization.
• Ever wonder how Amazon actually chooses its next city to land in? We have the unique opportunity to hear from a panel of site selectors on how regions compete for the next big investment. If you are a community leader, you’ll value this insight into how our region can continue to compete for jobs and investment.
• If your line of work is in the manufacturing space – the future of manufacturing technology featuring Heather Ashton Manolian, Senior Manager of Manufacturing Research Leader & Center for Industry Insights at Deloitte is a session not to be missed!
Plus we have many Quad Citizens sharing their expertise –
• Especially for marketing and customer service professionals, Jaimy Szymansk, Founding Partner of Kaleido Insights will cover how artificial intelligence and machine learning are disrupting the customer journey.
• Technology enthusiasts will enjoy a panel of experts from Deere & Company, EON Reality, Motion Raceworks and Genesis Systems Group talking about how to capitalize on change, using disruptive technologies to drive business growth.
• Are you thinking about starting your own business? Steve Grubbs, CEO of VictoryVR is going to cover how to raise money for your startup.
You can sign up for the business sessions as a stand-alone ($65), the lunch with Rebecca Ryan ($75), or the whole day - including an after-party ($125).
Thursday, August 23
TaxSlayer Center, Moline
Quad Cities Chamber Annual Meeting – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Business Innovation & Leadership Sessions – 1:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
After-Party: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Ready to register? Click here.
Need more details? All of the event information can be found here.