The Iowa Economic Development Authority's (IEDA) International Trade Office (ITO), in partnership with the U.S. Small Business Administration’s State Trade Expansion Program (STEP), offers financial assistance to eligible Iowa small companies to help companies market their products and services to a global audience.
- Export Trade Assistance Program (ETAP)
- Eligible Iowa companies reimbursed up to 75% of defined international marketing expenditures in a qualifying trade show or IEDA trade mission
- Domestic Trade Assistance Program (DTAP)
- Eligible Iowa companies reimbursed up to 75% of defined international marketing expenditures in a qualifying international trade show held in the U.S.
- Market Trade Assistance Program (MTAP)
- Eligible Iowa companies reimbursed up to 75% of defined international services for a specific market(s).
- Employ fewer than 500 with at least 75% of total number employed within Iowa (by Employer Identification Number), and/or
- Meet SBA “Eligible Small Business Concern” size guidelines sba.gov/size and provide signed certification
- Provide certification demonstrating company is not debarred from federal funding
- Must have a product/service manufactured, produced, processed or have value-added in Iowa
How to Apply
- Applications considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applications must be received by the IEDA at least 45 days in advance of an event.
- Follow the International Grant Application System instructions.
These programs are funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. For more information, visit https://www.iowaeconomicdevelopment.com/IFA.