The Quad Cities Chamber is proud to partner with The Women's Connection to honor a number of amazing Quad Citizens who elevate our community every day with the outstanding work that they do. The 2016 ATHENA Awards® and Male Champions of Change honorees will be celebrated at a ceremony presented by Merrill Lynch on March 31 at the Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel, Davenport.
The ATHENA honorees are women within the eastern Iowa and western Illinois region who excel in their profession, make a significant difference in the community and empower women to be leaders. The Male Champions of Change Award honors men who exhibit an exceptional commitment to the acceleration of women in leadership and who utilize their influence, talents and abilities to enhance gender diversity.
2016 ATHENA honorees:
- Tara Barney, Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce
- Colleen Rafferty, Ten Friends Blow Dry & Style House
- Tracy Schwind, Northwest Bank & Trust Company
- Senator Maggie Tinsman, Maggie Tinsman, LLC
- Linda Wastyn, Wastyn & Associates
2016 Male Champions of Change Award honorees:
- Randy Moore, Iowa American Water
- Dr. Joseph Rives, Western Illinois University
- Joe Slavens, Northwest Bank & Trust Company
- Rick Seidler, UnityPoint Health-Trinity