Business Celebrations Frequently Asked Questions
The Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce conducts ribbon cutting and groundbreaking ceremonies as a complimentary service to our members, with an opportunity to upgrade your event for added exposure.
Ceremonies can be performed as a stand-alone event or as a part of an open house or grand opening. Holding a ribbon cutting is a great opportunity for you to create public awareness about your business and to celebrate your success and growth.
When would a business host a business celebration?
- If you are within the first year of opening your business
- If you moved to a new location within the past 6 months
- If you have remodeled or expanded at your current location
- If you are announcing a new development (groundbreaking)
- If your business is celebrating a milestone anniversary (such as 5, 10, 20 year anniversaries)
- Milestone anniversaries include a plaque presentation and recognition in Chamber e-news and social media)
What does the Quad Cities Chamber do to assist with my business celebration?
- Sends out an emailed invitation to Chamber Ambassadors, Chamber staff, city dignitaries and local media to notify them of your event
- Promotes the event on the Chamber’s online events calendar
- Assists in putting together an agenda
- Provides the giant scissors and ribbon to cut
- Attends the event and takes a photo of the cutting
How can I get extra publicity for my business celebration?
Chamber members have the option to upgrade their business celebration for $500. (This service is complimentary to Lead and Partner investors.)
Upgrade includes the following:
- Mickle Communications takes a video and photo of the event to promote on Chamber communications and will release rights of the video and photo to be used on your company promotions
- Photo or video will be boosted on Social Media to increase visibility
- Photo and signed ribbon is professionally matted and framed and hand-delivered by a Quad Cities Ambassador
What does my business need to do to prepare for our celebration?
- Coordinate the date and time with the Chamber prior to advertising or making other arrangements
- Must be between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Complete the form below
- Prepare a press release or fact sheet about the celebration and send a copy to the Chamber
- Send invitations to your contacts
- Additional reach out to City dignitaries and media is recommended
- Determine if you will have refreshments and/or food available
- Decide who from your organization will have a speaking role on the agenda
Business Celebrations Form