With an economy that has experienced a 56% increase in economic strength in 10 years, people and businesses here enjoy thriving quality of life amenities, strong school systems, and an affordable cost of living. Companies in the Quad Cities region rely on our productive, technically minded workforce, our integrated logistics infrastructure network, and competitive cost of doing business.
The Quad Cities is a six-county, bi-state region comprised of Clinton, Muscatine, and Scott Counties in Iowa, and Henry, Mercer, and Rock Island Counties in Illinois, which includes the Davenport-Moline-Rock Island IA-IL msa; the Clinton, IA msa, and the Muscatine, IA msa. Located 2 1/2 hours west of Chicago and within a 300 mile radius of 37 million people, the Quad Cities region is home to Fortune 500 corporations such John Deere & Company, 3M and Alcoa, along with the Rock Island Arsenal, a major military installation. These chief employers are joined by 30,000 additional businesses, creating a robust and growing economy. The Quad Cities is a vibrant community with a laborforce of 530,000 people. A network of over 40 colleges and universities within a 90-mile radius provides companies with a pool of highly skilled and educated workers to draw from.
Key Regional Advantages
- Access to major markets, without paying major market prices
- Electric rates in the lowest 20% in the nation, with nearly 40% coming from renewable sources
- Locally owned fiber optic line runs from Chicago to Denver, giving businesses the ability to operate as if they were in downtown Chicago at a tenth of the cost
- Efficient multi-modal transportation options: road, rail, river, runway
- Largest 300-mile market west of Chicago; 37 million people are located within a 300-mile radius of the Quad Cities
- 40 colleges and universities within a 90 mile radius graduating 41,000 students per year
- Robust workforce training resources
- Flexible business assistance programs
Download our Regional Profile guide to learn more, or call us at 563.322.1706 to learn more about how the Quad Cities can serve your business needs.