International Trade Assistance
Grow Your Business through Exporting
For American companies, exporting makes more sense now than ever before. Exporting has become a lot easier for companies of every size, including small and medium-sized businesses that may previously have found it challenging. There is a process to exporting and within each step are stages. The IL SBDC International Trade Center at the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce can help anywhere in the process; new to export or new to market.
- Expand domestic success to other markets - 96% of the world’s population is outside of the United States.
- 70% of the world’s purchasing power lies outside of the U.S. Populations in Africa, Latin America and Asia are growing while slowing in the U.S.
- Market diversification – seasonal products – reduce domestic dependency -
- Accesses to more markets and generate more cash flow by exporting to nearly 200 countries outside the U.S.
- The international market is booming and will continue to grow.
- Your competitors are increasing their global market share
- Create a competitive edge for large or small companies.
- Most companies that export have an easier time riding out fluctuations in the U.S. economy and are more likely to stay in business.
- Improvements in trade finance, the internet, and trade agreements have dramatically increased access to markets worldwide.
Here are some of the ways we can help to promote your firm in the global marketplace:
- One-on-one free export counseling;
- International market analysis to identify the most advantageous trading opportunities;
- Identification of foreign buyers, agents and/or distributors through trade leads;
- Seminars and conferences on international business practices, export procedures, distribution practices, and methods of payment, as well as the latest exporting trends;
- Incoming and outgoing trade missions, providing you with opportunities to establish valuable international business contacts and prospective customers;
- Export finance assistance in coordination with the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EX-IM Bank) and SBA's Export Working Capital Program (EWCP); and
- Access to extensive export trade reference material and the International Trade Data Bank.
Contact us today for international trade assistance.